- 9.5 million cosmetic surgical and nonsurgical procedures were performed in the United States last year.
- A new survey shows that more than half (51%) of all Americans regardless of income approve of cosmetic surgery (3% increase since 2010).
- 77% of Americans 65 or older say they would not be embarrassed about having cosmetic surgery.
- 67% of the Americans would not be embarressed if their family or friends knew they had cosmetic surgery
- the top five cosmetic surgical procedures in 2010 were: breast augmentation, liposuction, eyelid surgery, abdominoplasty, breast reduction
- the top five nonsurgical cosmetic procedures in 2010 were: botulinum toxin type a, hyaluronic acid, laser hair removal, laser skin resurfacing, chemical peel
% of procedures Who had cosmetic surgery last year? 35-50 44 19-34 20 51-64 28 65 7 18 1.3
Statistics from American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2011