Is it just the calories?
If you ate so few calories, of course you would lose weight!
We have heard this many times. The answer is yes, you would lose weight intially. You would also feel terrible. This weight would be in the form of water and eventually muscle breakdown. Fat would be the last to go. This is evident in the blood work of that of an anorexic person. This is also evident in the blood work of someone doing the HCG homepathic drops. They are essentially starving themselves. Whatever weight loss that occured initially will eventually stop.
Medical grade HCG does a number of things, some of which include:
- It protects the breakdown of muscle. Which Dr. Blyer has proven with thousands of blood tests
- It therefore mobilzes fat as a means of energy consumption
- Curbs the appetite to make the limited calorie ingestion tolerable
- Produces an endorphin that give you energy
- In men, it will increase testosterone production which helps build lean muscle, creates improved mood, and energy.
Look at the weight loss of an anorexic person taking in limited calories, compared to a person taking limited calories on the HCG physician guided diet.
Anorexic patients lose weight in the face first, arms, legs, and belly last. That is why many of these people still look like they have a little belly after their unhealthy weight loss.
In the HCG diet people loss the weight in the opposite distribution. This is a claim from Kevin Trudeau, NY Times Best Selling author. It is antecdoctal, but we have seen this in our patients as well.
According to Kevin Trudeau, in the Weight Loss Cure (2007), there are three reasons overweight people cannot lose the weight:
- low metabolism
- high hunger
- eating when you aren't hungry
"This is the only diet what addresses all three things"
"It will reset your metabolism, and the hunger centers to that of a 'normal' thin person"